We’ve gathered here some of our reflections and latest thinking and on recent events and activities. The content here is structured under the following headings:
- In the media – examples of where we have authored or co-authored articles and collaborated in research studies.
- Events – our perspectives on events relevant to coaching.
- Viewpoints – ‘think pieces’ we have written about certain topics.
- Books – a sample of books we value and recommend.
In the media
Media articles by or featuring members The Alliance include the following:
Coaching at Work article – 2014
The Extra Mile: Linda Feerick and Liz Gooster explain how tough, physical activity can help teams shift their performance to a higher level – and why it all starts with trust and vulnerability
Financial Times Guide to Business Coaching – 2011
The Alliance as an example of a successful coaching business
International Coaching Psychology Review – March 2009
Strengths Coaching with Leaders
Coaching at Work – November 2008
Trouble is Our Business
BPS Psychology – Autumn 2008
Strengths Coaching at Work
Coaching at Work – January 2008
Setting the Scene
International Coaching Psychology Review – April 2007
Enhancing Goal Self-Concordance Through Coaching
Meyler Campbell Annual Lecture 2014
We are proud to share the news that on 26th November our very own Juan Coto delivered the annual Meyler Campbell lecture on ‘The Corporate Athlete: Coaching to build resilience and maximise peak performance’. A former international tennis player himself, Juan explained the key principles of human performance in the toughest, high-pressure environments and shared a set of mental performance tools used by world-class athletes which can be applied equally effectively in business.
- Alliance Top Ten Tips – Celebrating 10 years of success in coaching
- Trailtrekker Top Ten Tips – after our success in the Oxfam Trailtrekker event in June 2013 (see Charity of the Year), we have compiled our Top Ten Tips to support and encourage anyone who is thinking of giving this kind of challenge a go
- Surfing or Drowning – Developing a Creative Strategy in Uncertain Times
- Mindful Leadership – Changing the Leadership Paradigm: The Impact of Wellbeing on Leader and Organisational Performance
- Books – a sample of books we value and recommend