A Practical Guide
We want to achieve the very best outcomes for the organisations, teams and individual clients we work with. We do this through clear contracting processes, taking time to understand the business context and building strong relationships. Always wanting to leave organisations and people better than they were before, we aim to work with our clients in the way that suits them best. It is important to us to be business-like, professional and easy to work with – it also helps that we love what we do and that we enjoy applying creative thinking to the challenges our clients face and bring to us.
Features of the way we work
While we tailor every engagement to meet specific needs, there are several common features to working with The Alliance:
- Creative approach – we pride ourselves on finding unique and beneficial ways to work with each organisation – whatever the sector – and each business challenge.
- Coaching-led framework – we believe that the most effective and sustainable change comes from within, rather than being determined or imposed from outside. We facilitate the creation of an environment in which people can better think for themselves, accessing the best of their own and others’ knowledge, skills and experience.
- Strengths-based approach rooted in positive psychology – our position is that there is more to be gained from maximising strengths and working with natural preferences than from trying to eliminate weaknesses. We help our clients identify and unleash their sources of maximum potential. We often use psychometric tools such as the R2 Strengths ProfilerTM and MBTITM to facilitate insights into strengths, preferences and potential.
- The power of the team – whether your specific project directly involves one or all of us, you benefit from our collective wisdom, experience and expertise. The magic of collaboration kicks in and as a team we are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Thematic feedback – where we are working across organisations (and are able to protect individual client confidentiality), we distil overall themes and patterns into valuable feedback to stimulate new insights and enable organisations to see themselves through another lens.
The foundations of our work
- Our values – these underpin the way we work together and with our clients, and how we interact with our wider networks. We are committed to delivering work of the highest quality and to working in a way that is professional, open and ethical. We enjoy working together, we choose to do work we enjoy, and we flourish individually and collectively as a high-performing team: we believe that this has a positive impact on the experience our clients have of working with us.
- A philosophy of team and personal growth – we put into practice ourselves what we want for our clients, serving as our own laboratory, and we introduce our clients to the ways we work together as a team.
- Supervision and quality control – as a team we regularly review our work and develop our skills to ensure we bring the right level of challenge, support and insight to our clients, always aiming to deliver work of the highest quality and to leave people and businesses better than they were before.
- Learning – by exploring the latest thinking in the business world, development and coaching, we stimulate and refine our work with clients and are able to bring them the benefits of fresh perspectives.
- Designated Relationship Managers – we assign individuals with the responsibility to serve as your trusted partner, advocate and facilitator for both strategic needs and day-to-day matters.
- Professional and effective business practices – we make it easy for you to work with us, with clear and practical approaches to contracting, data management, invoicing.